CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 24, 2011

Sick

Dear B,

You scared me two nights ago. I put you to bed about 8 and you woke up before 9 crying. I tried to get you to go down but you wouldn't. So I took you downstairs and you laid on me and was so tired, but you were very fidgety and kept rubbing your arms against your body. After about 20 minutes of this I noticed your ears were turning bright red and your neck was red, so I took off your pajamas and your entire body was covered in a rash. It looked like you had hundreds of little spider bites. As time passed they got bigger and bigger and looked like welts. You kept itching yourself and saying "Owwy, Momma." It broke my heart.

It scared me the more I thought about it, so I took you to Instacare. They said it was some sort of an allergic reaction, although you hadn't had any medicine, any new foods, you had worn those jammies before, etc. The doctor thought maybe you were getting a reaction to a virus you were getting and you would probably get sick. Well, thankfully, you didn't get sick. The doctor gave you some Benadryl and the itching slowed by the time we got home. You slept ok, although I stayed up most the night worrying about you and the Benadryl (since the box says not to give it to kids under 4, even with doctors approval). But you woke up and after a few hours had passed in the morning, the rash was completely gone and you were back to your old self again. I'm so glad that you were better and didn't turn out to be much, but please just stay healthy for me! :)

Love you,

Mom

0 comments: